DEFEAT LOG KYA KAHENGE- A REAL STORY


It was a rainy evening & I went to the refreshment section of my office to have a cup of coffee. Suddenly I heard a beautiful song that touched my heart and made me relaxed after a full tiring day.

To my surprise! she was one of my colleagues. I never saw her talking to anyone in the office & now sitting on a table at the corner of the section mesmerizing alone. I was glad to listen to her magical voice & approached her with a smile.

I then asked her the reason for silence during work hours; it was awkward for me as I could see her confusing & guilty feeling eyes as if she did a sin by singing a song! It took me the courage to hold her shaking hands tightly & taking her into my confidence. She then started smiling & then the conversation began!




Within no more time, I got goosebumps all over my body as she shared the story of her married life with me. An artistic girl with lots of achievements in her career got suppressed by her husband. She had amazing skills for painting, playing instruments, and many more activities, but was never allowed to carry forward even one of them after her marriage.

She was always mocked by her husband and in-laws for her achievements which were the only pillar of strength left in her life. Despite her beautiful voice, she was not allowed to sing bhajans during the puja at their home.

She was always made to realize that her voice could make a child cry & disturb their neighbors. She was always asked to keep quiet, talk less, and not give a smile to anyone!

I didn’t know what to say. She told me in detail about the physical & mental abuses towards her by the family; just because she wanted to speak!

My eyes started shedding tears as she told me that she forgot how her voice sounds.


She did not even get support from her parents as they used to fear this patriarchal society; where we all exist! She was always taught that this is how married life should be where women need to listen to their in-laws & this is the only form of giving respect to their husbands.

Click here to read more: https://www.themoodspace.com/post/defeat-log-kya-kahenge-a-real-story

Comments

Popular Posts