Let those hidden potentials overcome your emotional weakness!




“The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world.” ~ Ashley Rickards



I gave a pause at the column; Marital Status-Married/Unmarried/Divorced/Widow. I was too desperate to explore my talents after a long time. 

I was always being discouraged by companions, mocked by society just because my married life was unsuccessful.
                            
                               Divorced! A 'Taboo' in society

Those times; societal influences used to affect my mental status badly. "Will they hire me😒?" was my long run revolving question. Promptly; I gave a tick on the correct one. 

A few days later I got a call for the Interview & that was like a Lightning Bug to me amidst my darkness. Still a Hope! Despite all those happenings in my surroundings; I started preparing for the interview with much more concentration. 

I was the gloomy girl but cracked the interview ingeniously. With claps all around and cheerful smiles on everyone's face, among few interviewers a voice raised-Outstanding! (That was the Manager of the Company)

No doubt that was an encouraging moment for me still I had a suspicion that I may get rejected; once the form get verified again and maybe mocked by my co-workers if I get the job or maybe harassed by someone who truly would take the advantage of my status. 



I stood up at once; acknowledged and boldly said-"I am A Divorced lady. Please let me know if there will be an issue for hiring such a person in your company🙁".

All around were Impassive faces😐 except an Alone face expressing Admiration😊 for me.

"Well! The company doesn't hire people for their value-based personal life, instead, it checks on the potentials; a person possesses
😊"-replied the Manager.

That moment I couldn't find any Firebug beside me because there was the Entire Sunrise; giving me a warm 'Welcome'.🥰😇

Gradually, I learned to accept myself. To my surprise; I started earning respect from the same society that once used to let me down & this was possible only when I stopped bothering about my weakness & allowed space to the hidden potentials of mine.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts